Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Went to Fremont, CA this morning to pick up my next load. It was at a closed down auto manufacturing plant.  Was a joint venture between GM and Toyota to build cars.  The Vibe was one of the models built there.  When GM went belly up Toyota decided to close the plant down, in part, due to the high cost and difficulties of doing business in California.  They are moving most of the manufacturing equipment to a brand new facility in Blue Springs, Mississippi.  There were 9 trucks there with me this morning.  I got a full die press and a half of another one and a basket of assorted stuff weighing about 33,000 pounds.



While we were talking and waiting for our turn to load I noticed a slice in the side wall of one of my back tires on the truck.  The tire still was holding air but it was deep enough to need replacing as soon as possible.  After loading I stopped and had 2 new tires put on.

While driving on CA-58 just before the Majove Desert there was one of California's famous brush fires burning.  Could see the smoke for miles.  When I got close the fire was really visable. It was a "good" one.  Saw the huge Sky Crane fire fighting helicoter flying around dropping water on it.  Pretty cool. 


Stopped for the night at the TA Truck Stop in Barstow, California.  Only 467 mles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment