Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Left the TA truck stop in Bloomsbury, NJ early this morning.  Drove all the way in to JFK Airport with only a small amount of bumper to bumper traffic.  When I arrived at the airport I pulled in behind two other trucks waiting out on the road near the hanger.  Just in front of our trucks in a small staging area off the road there were about a half dozen "official" looking vehicles and a bunch of guys in suits standing around.  They were Secret Service.  They were there for some unknown (to us) dignitary.  They left all together shortly thereafter and we never saw them again.  I found out that I was a back up truck and I was there just in case another truck was needed.  Such as one of the other trucks broke down or something.  So I didn't know if I was even going to be used.  We all went in to Hanger 17 where the World Trade Center debris is being stored.  There was a lot that has already been taken but there was an awful lot still there.  I walked all over the place, which is huge, and took about 80 photos.  Way too many to post here.  Here are just a few of them.





The next photo is of the base of the antenna from the top of Building 1.


The next photo is one of the motors for one of the elevators.



The next photo is the top of one of the antenna from Building 1.




After lunch they decided that they were going to use my truck after all.  There were a total of 6 trucks.  I was the last to be loaded today.  Here is what my load looks like:



After that was put on they decided to call it a day.  It was after 6 pm.  So this is where I parked for the night: (the blue thing is a subway car under a tarp)



They are going to put on more tomorrow morning.  I am getting some of the antenna.  The guy from the museum took us to the Hilton and got us rooms for the night.  Very nice rooms!!  We will be back over there at 7:30 am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment