Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday, August 1, 2011

Went into Billerica, MA this morning and delivered the boxes.  After that drove over to Groten, CT to the Navy Submarine Base   http://www.cnic.navy.mil/newlondon/index.htm   and picked up two AURES Missile Simulators.  The place where I loaded was right in the middle of the munitions area.  There were big munitions bunkers all around me with only God knows what explosives in them.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get any photos on the base (for obvious reasons).  There was only one sub in port.  Cool to see that!!  The base is home to the USS Nautilus.  It is a museum now. The photo below is from the Internet.


Here is the load I have.  Had to take these photos when I stopped to get the truck washed.



Will deliver these tomorrow morning at the Navy Base in Colts Neck, NJ.  Stopped for the night at the Pilot truck stop in Milford, CT.  Glad I stopped when I did, got one of the last 3 parking places left.  These truck stops up here (what few of them there are) fill up FAST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment