Friday, April 15, 2011

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Drove to Chester, SC first thing in the morning and delivered the steel.  My next load was in Aiken, SC at the United States Department of Energy Savannah River Site. 



This place was really cool!!  The two web sites below can explain what goes on there much better than I can.

http://www.srs.gov/general/srs-home.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_River_Site

Getting through security to get in took over an hour. They went through my truck from stem to stern. While they were doing that a dog walked around and sniffed everything.   After that I drove about 10 miles back in there to "R" reactor and loaded a bunch of scaffolding that was used in the decommissioning process of that nuclear reactor.  I love going to places like this!!!!  How many people can get that close to stuff like that!!!  Really cool!!!!!!  Photographs in there are a HUGE no no but I snuck a photo of the reactor that I went to as I was driving in. 



Here is the load I got there:



Drove to a Petro truck stop just north of Ocala for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment