Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday, May 19, 2011

When I left the rest area this morning I turned on the air conditioning and the fan knob fell off in my hand.  It broke off from old age.  Had to use a pair of pliers to turn the A/C fan on.  Felt like a real "red neck".  Little did I know that was a sign of how the day would go.  On the way to deliver the bags of gravel the air conditioning started to blow warm air.  Not good.  Drove into Thomasville and delivered the bags at a job site where they are expanding a water treatment facility.


My next load was in Burlington, NC so I drove over there and picked up 39,000 pounds of aluminum extrusions (don't ask me what they are or what they are for) going to St. Petersburg, Florida.  I got there at 11 am and didn't finish until 4 pm. 


When I finally got out of there my air conditioning was still blowing warm air so I went to the Peterbilt shop in Greensboro, NC to get it fixed.  Fortunately they are open until 11 pm.  I looked it up on the Internet.  I had no refrigerant in the system.  After he tested it he found that the compressor was bad and so were the two hoses that go to and from the condenser.  He fixed all that, tested it and it all worked fine again.  He replaced the broken fan knob too.  Left there at 9 pm and $986 poorer but I was cool again!!  Went straight to the TA truck stop and took a well deserved l-o-n-g hot shower and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment