Friday, July 22, 2011

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Started out early this morning.  Soon after I got on the road I realized that the overheating problem from yesterday was not caused by the weather.  It was only 70 degrees outside and I rapidly was on the verge of overheating again.  I drove 150 miles tenderly to the Peterbilt shop in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  Got there at 8:30 am central time. They told me that there would be a few hours wait.  I could see that the bays were all full already.  I went out to the truck and took a nap.  Later on when I woke up I could see other trucks coming in and being taken right in and worked on.  I went in and asked how long before I was to be worked on.  All he said was "soon".  At 3:30 pm central time the night shift came in. I was then brought in and the truck worked on.  The temperature sensor was bad.  He had to take the alternator and water pump off to get to it.  Replaced it and took it for a test drive.  It was better but still not right.  The thermostat was bad too.  Had to take the alternator and water pump back off again to replace it.  Also when he came back from the first test drive I found that the pop off valve on the air compressor was leaking air and was faulty.  So that was replaced too. Finally got it all put back together and finished at midnight central time.  And for all this fun it cost ONLY $850.48.  I slept in their parking lot afterwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment