Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday & Tuesday, July 9, & 10, 2012

Finally got a load Monday afternoon.  Drove over to Kernersville, NC and loaded a John Deere 290G Excavator.  It is going to Layafette, Indiana.  It was very hot and no shade!  Thermometer on the truck read 109. 



Got on the road and drove through Mt. Pilot again.  I wonder why they called it Pilot Mountain?  It doesn't look like a pilot.


It looks like a big breast.  Maybe it should be called Boob Mountain?  Or Ta-Ta Teton?  At the top would be the Breast Crest. The road around it would be Areola Circle. Sorry, I guess I'm milking this for all it's worth.  Anyway, I stopped for the night at the truck stop in Mt. Airy (Mayberry), NC.  Verizon's internet service was down so I couldn't post last night. 

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Got up this morning and noticed that my trailer looked a bit odd.


One of the pins that hold the back axle on was gone.


Obviously, I couldn't go anywhere like that so I went over to Goober's Garage to see if they could fix it.  It really wasn't Goober's, but close enough.  It had to be a pin of solid steel 2 inches thick and 6 inches long.  Like this one:


Of course no place in town had anything like that, however there was a machine shop down the street.  They said that they could make one.  They did, and it was a good one too.  When the pin got back to the garage they put it in and I was finally on the road.  Since I got such a late start I didn't get very far.  Stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Hurricane, West Virginia.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where you have been the last 2 days! Glad to see your back on the road...
    Ta ta for now.....oh sorry...just had to get one in on the boob Mt too...!!

    ReplyDelete