Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Georgia permit didn't get here until after 1 pm.  I finally got on the road.  On I-75 just before the Atlanta Bypass ( I-285) there was a huge crash.  They had the entire interstate shut down.  I heard about it on the CB radio.    I jumped off the interstate north of the traffic stoppage and took US-41 south.  That road paralleled the interstate.  I was not the only one with that idea, the road was jammed!! When I got down close to where the crash was I heard that they had three lanes open.  I got back on I-75 and continued on.  By the time I passed the crash most of it was cleared up.  The only thing left was the overhead road sign that was being loaded on a roll back wrecker.


Because of the delay in getting the Georgia permit and then the long delay in bumper to bumper traffic from the crash, I was unable to deliver today.  Stopped for the night at the Love's truck stop in Hogansville, Georgia.  I'm about 10 miles from delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment