Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday, February 15, 2013

Got on the road at sun up this morning.  Didn't get as far as I wanted to today.  Another driver that had the same dozer I have and who is going to the same place had stopped in Hurricane, West Virginia at the TA truck stop.  He had to move his machine back on the trailer to get the weight right for Virginia.  He didn't know how to drive the machine and asked if I would stop there and move the machine for him.  Which I did.  

I didn't have my Virginia permit yet.  They permitted mine differently than his.  My load was permitted as a "super load" because of the weight.  They take longer to get back so I waited at the TA for it to come in.  In order to get to Virginia we have to go down the West Virginia Turnpike.  Over sized loads are not allowed to stop for the night at the service plazas on the Turnpike so once you start on it you have to get off it before sun down.  By the time my Virginia permit arrived there was not enough time to get down the Turnpike before sun down so I stayed the night at the TA truck stop in Hurricane, West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment