Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The day started off great but went down hill in a hurry.  Went over to Griffin, GA and loaded a Caterpillar Generator that is going up to Williamsburg, VA.  


After loading went back to Jackson to scale.  That's when things went bad.  To make a long story short, I got stuck.  Bottomed out and had to have a wrecker pull me out. I knew it would happen some day.  Well, it finally did. Just glad it wasn't on a rail road track.  Stupid me!!!  As you can see from all the marks on the road, I am not the first to do that.



After that mess was finally over I went and scaled.  My weight was not right for South Carolina. Fine for all the other states, but not South Carolina.  Dumped all the water from my tank and slid the fifth wheel around a bit.  Finally got it right.  With half the day gone already I got started for Virginia.  Of course all the weigh stations were open.  Georgia, no problem.   Then South Carolina.  Pulled up on the scale and sat, and sat, and sat.  The longer I sat there the more I started to sweat.  Then the sign lit up green "Exit To I-85".  WHEW!!!!  Dodged that bullet!!  Off I went.  Stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Spartanburg, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment