Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24, 2014

This morning drove up to Aurora, IL and loaded a Caterpillar 950K Wheel Loader that is going to Columbia, SC.  My gross weight is only 92,000 with this one. 



Hit the road and after a little while stopped and got the truck washed.  Continued over to the TA Truck Stop in Whitestown, Indiana where I dropped the trailer and went to a repair shop in Zionesville, IN for routine maintenance on my generator.  While the mechanic was working on it he spotted some problems with my brakes.  Upon further inspection found that both front "S" cam brackets were broken and that an air hose had been rubbing on the drive shaft and was almost rubbed through.  Neither one of those are good.



They didn't have the parts so when they finished the generator I went back to the TA Truck Stop where my trailer was.  I checked in at the shop.  Had them order the parts so that tomorrow morning they can fix everything as well as routine maintenance on the truck too.  Parked for the night with my trailer.  Will be in the shop for repairs at 8 am tomorrow morning.  Supposed to snow (not much, only an inch or less) in the morning so I probably won't be able to move anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment