Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Last night the shop (they are there until 10 pm) did my annual inspection.  The truck did fine.  BUT saw some wear in my tires indicative of it being out of alignment.  Also I was adding air to one of my tires and the tip of the valve stem broke off. Fortunately it didn't let any air out.

First thing this morning went to the tire shop and had the valve stem replaced.  At 11 am got the truck aligned.   It was way out of alignment. While that was being done found my left front tire was way out of round.  When the alignment was done I went back to the tire shop to make the tire round again.  Nope, the tire was too far gone.  Replaced the tire and had both front wheels balanced. All good now. 

Meanwhile back at the "home office", my trailer is due for inspection and service.  It also needs a little welding done.  It is in line to be done.  They are very short staffed in there right now so it is taking a bit of time for that.  It still isn't done yet.  This is all OK because I still don't have another load yet  AND I can plug in here so I don't have to run the generator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment