Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Last night on my way into the truck stop I noticed that my brakes weren't working as well as they should and I used a LOT of air when applying the breaks.  I had a pretty good idea what the problem was.  I parked for the night and went to bed.  This morning I got up and investigated the problem.  It was just as I thought.  The air hose that was just replaced was still rubbing the drive shaft.  They had replaced the hose but didn't fix the problem.  The hose was worn through.  I taped up the leak as best as I could and zip tied the hose away from the drive shaft.  There was a TA truck stop 20 miles up the road so I went up there and got it repaired again.  This time the correct way.  It was covered under warranty so all it cost me was time.  After they finished I drove up to the Petro truck stop in Gary, Indiana for the night.  I'll deliver and reload in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment