Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Since I didn't have to load until noon, I got up at 3 am and did four loads of laundry.  When that was done I went back to bed.

Went over  to Bossier City for my noon (local time) loading appointment.  Got there at 11:30 and checked in.  They couldn't find my paperwork.  All the others were there, but not mine.  Once again, nothing goes smoothly for me - and it gets worse. There were five trucks ahead of me.  So, while waiting I put some more stuff away in the headache rack and did some other minor "fix it" kind of things. Also found a tire that was almost flat.  At 1:45 they pulled my in to load.  Loaded a cell tower building that is going to Raleigh, North Carolina.



Left there and went to a tire shop and had the tire looked at.  Initial inspection revealed a bolt stuck in the left, rear, inside tire.


But when he took it off the rim, couldn't see it coming through.  It was only superficial.  The REAL culprit was a nail that was not visible from the outside.


He patched it and put the it all back together.


Got back on the road.  Obviously, I didn't get very far.  Stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Tallulah, LA.  Went to the restaurant for dinner.  Took so long to get a server I went to the salad bar, got a salad, and half finished it before she paid any attention to me.  Took 45 minutes to get the steak that I ordered.  And it was the usual crummy TA steak. Was not a happy camper.  After showering I went back to the truck to do paperwork. For some reason my computer stopped recognizing my printer.  Spent two more hours fiddling with that.  Finally got that fixed and finished the paperwork at about midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment