Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Everything was covered in about 1/4 inch of ice this morning.  Went a couple miles down the road to Shady Grove, PA and loaded a Grove RT540 Crane that is going down to San Antonio, Texas.



After that went back to the truck stop to scale and wait for some permits.  My weights were out of whack and I was three feet too long.  So I had to finagle the thing around a bit to get it right. I'm 113,000 pounds.   Finally my Virginia permit arrived and I left.  Didn't get very far because I ran out of daylight. Stopped for the night at at truck stop in Harrisonburg, Virginia.  Went back to the truck after eating dinner and found the generator had stopped.  Just Great!!  Spent an hour fixing that.  So far it's still running fine. Hope it stays that way.  While I was fixing the generator, I watched a truck back into another truck!!  Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment