Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday, June 22, 2016


Yesterday was not a good day.
I decided to go horseback riding something I haven't done in over 20 yrs. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slow but then we went a little faster and before I knew it we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It wouldn't stop it just kept going around and around in a circle.
Thank goodness the store manager at Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the machine.


Thought you would like that. I copied it from the internet.  OK, now back to reality.

I left Garden City, KS at about 3 am and drove up to Yuma, Colorado.  Stopped along the way and had routine maintenance done on the truck.  When I got to Yuma to load they said that the machine was not ready yet and it would be about 4 or 5 hours. I went  back to the truck to take a nap.  Started the generator  and it happened again!

The generator started, ran for a few seconds and shut off.  Same exact thing as before!!  So, after a LOT of phone calls I ended up dropping my trailer there and going back to Garden City, Kansas to the Cummins shop.  500 miles (804.67 km) round trip!!  They were the only ones anywhere close by that could see me today.  Everyone else was booked up through next week.  When I got to Garden City they took my generator totally out of the truck so I could have the truck to sleep in.


There was a campground right next door so I went there for the night so I could plug in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment