Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thursday, August 4, 2016

I have been here for a day and a half.  All the trucks that arrived here this morning to load hubs were called in  to load at about 11:15 local time.  I was not. Once again, I got lost in the system.  So I sat there and waited until they figured out what happened.  

Well, I finally made it in to load.  Was last in line.  After everyone else was loaded I got loaded with a GE Wind Energy Hub that is going to Oilton, Texas.  That is just outside of Laredo.  



Left there and drove to the Oasis Travel Center in Robertsdale, Alabama to scale up.  That was the closest scale.  And then it happened...

I was overweight on my trailer axles by over 2000 pounds!!  This hub is apparently heavier that the last few I have had.  It was put down on the trailer in the exact same place as all the others, and they were fine.  So I turned around and drove back to GE in Pensacola to get it moved forward a little bit.  Of course, because of all the delays earlier in the day, it was after hours and now and I had to wait until tomorrow to get it moved.


No comments:

Post a Comment