Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday, September 26, 2016

Went over to Minden, LA this morning to load a Cell Phone Communications Building that is going to Bridgeville, Pennsylvania.  Loaded it and scaled. Fortunately they have a scale on their property.  Was too heavy on my drive axles so I went back over to the crane and they moved it back some.  Scaled again.  Still too heavy so I went back to the crane and they moved it back as far as they could.  Scaled again.  Still too heavy.  Went back to the crane.  They picked up the building, spun it around, and put it on backwards as far back as it could go.  Scaled again.  This time it was good enough.  Third time was the charm.



Finally got out of there and on the road.  Had to stop in Louisiana and wait for my Arkansas permit to come in. Fortunately it didn't take too long and I was back moving again.  

In Arkansas drove up on a car fire.  Was burning pretty good.  



Then the fire department arrived.


They had it out in just a couple minutes and I was back moving again.

Because of all the delays today, I didn't make the Little Rock, Arkansas curfew so I stopped for the night at the Love's truck stop in Little Rock.  Can't start until after 9 am tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment