Saturday, October 8, 2016

Saturday, October 8, 2016

I continuously kept an eye on the weather in Jacksonville.  I decided that I could go home today so at 2 am I packed up the RV and left.  I really wanted to beat the traffic from everyone else going back home.  I did.  Nice easy drive until I got to Jacksonville.  About 30 miles from home all three tires on the passenger side of the RV blew.  I decided to limp it as far as I could in hopes that I could make it home.  I made it about 20 miles and could go no further.  Sorry the photo is so dark.  It was about 5:30 am.


 I left the RV on the side of the road and went the rest of the way home.  Found a tire shop that would come out with a new rim and tire.  To make a very L-O-N-G story short, he came and took the old rims and tires off and put on a new tire and rim on the rear axle and the spare that I had on the front axle.  Chained up the middle axle.  Then I limped the rest of the way home with the tire guy following to make sure that I made it.

The Daily yard was damage free although it was very obvious that a big storm had gone through there.  There was a lot of tree branches and "tree stuff" all over the place.  My truck was fine!!  Whew!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment