Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday, January 27, 2017

Got up real early this morning and drove into Dulles, Virginia to a job site right next to the Dulles International Airport where they are building a huge Washington DC Metro Rail maintenance facility.  Loaded a conveyor that is going back to it's home in Cheswick, Pennsylvania.



Left there just after the DC curfew was over but still had heavy traffic.  Out in western Maryland and West Virginia had a lot of snow showers.  It was sticking to the side streets at elevation but the Interstate was fine. Stopped at a small truck stop (still snowing) at the WV / PA state line on I-79.  Could not get through the Pittsburgh area before curfew.  This is the closest truck stop to Pittsburgh along my permit route.  I'll get started tomorrow morning.  If I can get to Cheswick before 11 am I will be able to deliver tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment