Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday, February 10, 2017

Had another late start today.  Had to wait for the Kansas City curfew.  Couple of interesting things today.  Here is one of them on I-29 in St. Joseph, Missouri.


Going north on I-29 there were several hundred thousand birds flying south.  There were flying in groups of several hundred in loose "V" shaped formation.   I have never seen that many birds flying together like that before.  It went on like that for a good 20 miles (32 km).  Really amazing thing to see.  I tried to get photos of them for you but, unfortunately,  they didn't come out.

Beautiful day temperatures in the 70s (20s C) in the middle of February in Nebraska!!  On I-80 in Nebraska could see the smoke for a good 10 miles before I got to it.  On the way two state troopers went flying past me.  On the other side of an overpass was a grass fire.  The fire department had one truck there working on it.  The troopers got there just before I did.  I was very lucky because I got through there before they closed the Interstate.





Stopped for the night at the Flying J truck stop in North Platte, Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment