Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Left as soon as my 10 hours was up this morning.  On the way, stopped and got the truck washed to get the crap from the mine washed off.  After that stopped at Shipley's Donuts and picked up some hot, fresh donuts.  Got to the Port of Galveston a little early.  When they opened I went in and checked in.  They said that someone would bring my machine out.  I waited 45 minutes and finally someone brought it out, said they misplaced my paperwork.  I drove it across the lot and put it on the trailer.  It was just a little off center so I asked the fork lift guy to push the trailer over a little.  He did but in the process broke an air line.  


This happened at about 10:30.  Called for road service to come out.  At 12:20 I got a text that said they would be there in 2 hours.  He arrived at 5:15.  By then the Port was closed and I was out of hours.


He fixed the air line and everything worked again.  

While waiting for the service truck to arrive, I found this in my tire.


Fortunately it was only into the tread.   No leaks.

Anyway, I dropped my trailer there and left.  Stopped by KFC and picked up some dinner.  Parked for the night in a dirt parking lot just down the road from the Port.  Will go back in the morning and finish loading the machine.  Glad today is over!!!  Hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment