Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Went to a large landfill that is across from the Gateway Motorsports Park.  That is one of the NASCAR tracks.  Took all morning to load a Caterpillar 836 Compactor.  These things can be very difficult to load.



Went a few blocks down the road to the Pilot truck stop and scaled.  Turns out that I was WAY too heavy.  I need at least two more axles to take this machine anywhere.  I went back to the land fill and explained the situation.  Also tried to call Daily.  When it rains, it pours!!  All the phone lines and internet were down at all the Daily terminals!!  Finally got hold of someone on his cell phone.  To make a very long story short, I ended up unloading the machine and leaving it there.  I went back to the Pilot truck stop for the night.  Have another load tomorrow up in East Peoria, IL.  I'm too exhausted to go anywhere today.

No comments:

Post a Comment