Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday, December 8, 2017

Started off this morning in the rain.

Radar From This Morning

Had no problems until about 50 miles north of Atlanta on I-85.  It changes to snow.  Big flakes, heavy, wet snow.  It was not sticking to the roads - yet.  BUT the people that live here don't know how to drive in snow so when they get it, they panic!!  They also have very little snow removal equipment.  By the time I got to Atlanta things were moving very S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I-285 South Bound, West Side of Atlanta

I finally made it to the Caterpillar dealer in Austell to deliver.  They had let all their staff go because of the weather.  There was only a couple guys left and they were about to leave.  The snow was starting to accumulate on the roads, especially the side streets and everything in the Atlanta area was shutting down.  They had me drop my trailer there and would unload me Monday.  

Yancy Brothers Caterpillar, Austell, Georgia

Fortunately I was only a few miles from the Atlanta Petro truck stop.  They told me how to get there on the back roads - the Interstate was a parking lot.  The back roads were jammed up full too.

Back Roads En-route to the Petro Truck Stop

Made it to the Petro and found a place to park.  Glad I was bobtail, made parking a lot easier.  Will be here until Monday morning.  More snow predicted tonight.  Local news is wall-to-wall coverage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment