Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

As soon as my 10 hours was up I left Sacramento.  Had a difficult time getting out of the truck stop.  It was packed.  I like driving through the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Donner Pass when I'm empty a lot better.  Was so happy to get the heck out of California!!  Things were going good until I heard on the CB radio that the road was shut down due to a motor home that was on fire. I got off at the exit before and waited it out at the Pilot truck stop.  An hour later traffic was moving again.  To make matters worse, traffic was already down to one lane because they were repaving the road. Here was the culprit.



Once I got past that it was smooth sailing again.  Here is the world famous Bonneville Salt Flat.  Not much to see, salt and mountains. **yawn**


And here is the stupid "Tree of Life".


Stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Tooele, Utah with 5 minutes left on the clock.  Tooele is at the southern tip of the Great Salt Lake just west of Salt Lake City, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment