Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It was foggy again this morning but I decided to go anyway.  Left just before sunrise.  After an hour or so the fog had lifted enough to where it wasn't a problem anymore. Had a pretty good day on the road.  Had several marker lights on the trailer and my rear beacon went out.  I could tell there was a short in the wiring someplace but couldn't find it.  When I stopped for the night at the Flying J truck stop in Texarkana, Arkansas I had  the mechanic come over and look at it when he finished changing a tire.  A truck pulled up to the fuel pump and his tire blew.  Sounded like a bomb went off.  Scared the crap out of a lot of people.


This is why I stop early every day.  It is only 4 pm local time. Fortunately I got here an hour ago.  This place is a zoo!!!


The Flying J mechanic came over and tried to figure out my electrical problem.  He couldn't.  So I went next door to another repair shop.  They couldn't look at it, they were too busy.  They recommended another place just down the road.  I called them.  They came over and found the problem.  Had a couple wires rub together and shorted out the lights and blew the fuse.  He fixed it and now everything works fine.  Glad that is done!!  Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment