Monday, September 30, 2019

Monday, September 30, 2019

Was over at the Port of Savannah at 6 am when they opened.  Unfortunately I had to go to the Credential Office and re-do my credentials to get in the Georgia Ports.  They have a new system.  Security directed me to the office which was about 5 miles away.  I went over there and parked in the only place they had for trucks.  Had to walk a quarter of a mile down the road to the office.  The were not open yet so I sat on the ground and waited.  When they opened I was first in line and was out in less than ten minutes.  Walked back to my truck, drove back to the Port, and checked in.  Loaded a Caterpillar 323 Excavator that was going to Augusta, Georgia.



My Georgia permit had not come in yet so I waited for that.  It came in pretty quickly and I was off.  rove up to Augusta to the Caterpillar dealer.  Where they had me unload was in the sand.  It was also on a slight angle.  When I dropped the trailer to detach, the trailer sunk in the sand.  Couldn't get back under it.  The guy that worked there was helping me.  He got a machine off the lot and dug down in front of my trailer so I could get under it again.  Finally got the machine off.  Had even more problems getting put back together. Finally got it done and I left there.  Started off for the Port at Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.  I stopped for the night at the Petro truck stop in Columbia, SC.  I was totally exhausted!!!!! and in desperate need of a shower and food.  This is a very nice truck stop.  One of my favorites.  After my shower I went in to the restaurant for dinner.  It is a Quaker Steak.


It also has a bowling ally on the other side of those windows to the left.


I was so exhausted it was all I could do to eat and get back to the truck. Oh, I almost forgot, I lost my glasses somewhere today! Going to sleep now.  Phone's off, good night. Hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment