Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Still no load so I drove back to Jacksonville, Florida.  Much better there than sitting in a truck stop.  After doing some chores there I took a short trip to see the cargo ship that turned over near Brunswick, Georgia.   The "X" on the map below marks the location of the ship.


As I drove on US-17 over the bridge I could see it very well.  In the photo below it looks farther away than it really is.


I continued on to St. Simons Island and went to the fishing pier.


It is next to the light house.


Here is the view walking to it from the parking lot.  You can't miss it!!!


Here is the view from the fishing pier.  The arrow points to the bridge and location on the bridge I took the first photo from.



It's not every day you see a huge cargo ship laying on it's side like that.  Pretty cool!!!  That is the exact same type ship that transports the stuff I bring to and from the ports.  The ship is the "Golden Ray".  Click on the name for details on the ship.  Here is what it looked like upright.

Internet Photo
Thought you might find that as interesting as I did.  Wanted to share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment