Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Drove to Glen Rock, PA.  It was just inside PA over the MD state line.  The place was very tight getting in and even more so getting out.  I'll try to illustrate it as best as I can. Here are satellite views and street views from Google Maps of the area.


Here is how I had to get in.  Had to go past the road, turn around and come back.  in order to make the turn.  The "X" shows where I loaded the machine.



Once I got in I had to turn into that driveway and back across the street to where the "X" is.


Here is what I loaded.  A crane that is going to Augusta, Georgia.



Getting out was VERY difficult.  I had to go out to the intersection, turn right, then back around into the road across from where I came out, then turn right to get out again.


Here is some more views of the intersection.  The semi trailer was there and so was the car parked on the street.  That added some more fun to the move.




What the photos don't show is that the road was raised along the center so that as I was going across the road the trailer was bottoming out and sliding on the pavement.  It was quite a challenge.  Fortunately the rain had stopped and held off throughout all that.  It took a little bit of time, but I made it and was on my way.  The rain started back up again.  Had no problems going around Baltimore.  A little slow down going around Washington DC.  But south of DC there was an eight mile back up caused by a wreck.  



Took about an hour to get past it.  Just north of Richmond the rain changed to snow.  Heavy, wet snow.  It stuck to the grass, but not the roads.  Continued to snow hard all the way around Richmond on the bypass.  About 10 miles north of North Carolina the snow started to change back to rain.  About 30 miles in NC it was all rain.  Continued on down to the Petro truck stop in Kenly, North Carolina for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment