Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Monday, August 24, 2020

 Sorry I didn't update over the weekend but things were in a bit of a turmoil.  So here are the updates.

I slept most of the rest of the day Friday.  I woke up at midnight, Saturday morning, and my headache was gone!!  I got started finishing swapping all my crap over to the blue truck.  When I finished I took the silver truck to the truck wash and got it cleaned up.  When I got back to the Daily yard I drove around the parking lot looking for my trailer.  It wasn't there.  I peered in the bay windows of the shop and low and behold, there it was.  So I was stuck there for the weekend.  Since all I did was pile everything into the truck, I couldn't even see my bed.  I went and got a hotel for the weekend.  

Monday morning came and I checked out and went back to the Daily yard.  The shop said that they had a lot of work to do on the trailer and it might be ready late in the afternoon.  I settled in for the long wait.  While waiting I managed to dig my way down to my bed.  Got enough stuff out of the way so that I can use it.  I won't be able to get it totally straightened out until I get home and can take some of the stuff out.  It's amazing how much stuff accumulates in 3 or 4 years.

At 3 pm they pulled out my trailer.  It was done.  They had changed all the brakes, replaced several wheel seals, several "S" cams, and several tires.  They re-welded a couple cracks.  They also did a 90 day inspection, and general servicing to the trailer which includes greasing the chassis.  

I hooked up to it and prepared to go.  I pulled out of there at 3:30.  I wanted to avoid Washington DC because I would get there right at rush hour.  I went the back way down I-81.  Was going to go through Charlotte but remembered that the Republican Convention was going on there so going through was probably not a good idea.  I went the back way to Richmond to I-95.  That was a good idea.  Had no traffic issues at all.  Stopped for the night at the Petro truck stop in Kenly, North Carolina.  470 miles today.  Will get home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment