Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

 Left early this morning and drove into Laredo.  Got there an hour and a half early.  Had to wait for them to open at 8.  When they opened I found out that I wasn't given all the numbers that I needed to load.  Had to call Carlisle to get them.  So instead of loading 2nd, I loaded last. When they finally did load me, I got a transformer that is going up to Warner, South Dakota. It's a bit top-heavy.


Left there and started north.  Lots of bumper-to-bumper traffic in San Antonio and some more in Austin.  Stopped for the night at the Flying J truck stop in Jarrell, Texas.

Didn't see a lot of out-of-the-ordinary border protection stuff.  There were a few mobile video surveillance units set up, but that's about all.  There were, however, a lot more state troopers along I-35 than there normally are down there.  Didn't see them doing anything other than sitting there.  Didn't see any military or out-of-state agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment