Friday, May 20, 2022

Friday, May 20, 2022

 As soon as my 10 hours were up, I left.  That was about 2:45 AM CDT.  Drove the rest of the way to New Orleans, LA.  Beat the rush hour traffic too.  Loaded a Manitowoc Crane Carbody.  OK, now you are saying "...what the heck is that!!"  Well, it is basically the substructure of a very large crane.  The tracks attach to the side of it and the rest of the crane sits on top of it.  It rotates on the pin that is sticking up out of the middle of it.  This is it sitting on the ground waiting to be lifted, by crane, onto my trailer.  Totally stripped down it still weighs about 50,000 pounds.  It was purchased by a company in Kingston, New York.  It takes 14 trucks to move the entire crane.  I was the second to load.  The "house" or the main part of the crane was the first and it went yesterday.


They had to drive a crane over the levy to where I was to lift it.  Here it comes...




Then position it next to me.


Now it's time to lift it...



Then down on my trailer...



Then I secured it to the trailer...



I had to wait for a little bit to get my Louisiana permit.  When it came in, I left.  Stopped at the TA truck stop in Slidel, LA to use the scale and wait for my Mississippi permit.  When it came in, I left.  Had a good day on the road.  Stopped at the Petro truck stop in McAlla, Alabama for the night.  Drove 612 miles today.  I have all the rest of my permits.


No comments:

Post a Comment