Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday, March 3, 2023

 Left a half hour before sunrise this morning with hopes of delivering today.  My hopes were quickly dashed when I figured out how long I had to go to get there.  If Waterloo hadn't screwed up and loaded me when they should have, I would have been able to deliver today.  The weather didn't help much either.  The rain started when I was in Pennsylvania.  By the time I got to Maryland, it was starting to change to snow.  


And it got worse.


Then much worse.  A lot of plows and salt/sand spreaders were out doing the best they could.


Once I started going back down from the highest elevations conditions improved a lot.  As it was, I would get to the Port 15 minutes too late.  So now I have to sit and wait until Monday. Instead of going into that "Hell hole", Baltimore, I stopped for the weekend at a truck stop in Hagerstown, Maryland. By the time I got there, it was just raining.  No more snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment