Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

 I was first in line this morning at the Port of Savannah.  Wouldn't you know it, the paperwork on their end was screwed up and I had to wait until they straightened it out. After that was fixed I went over to load the machine.  The procedure is they bring the machine over to me and then I load it.  Well, there was no one in sight.  I waited an hour for them to bring it.  They finally got it to me.  These are a bit tricky to load without the counterweight on the back and no boom arm out front.  The machine is way off balance. It is really easy to roll over backward ending up upside down if you aren't careful.  Have to back it onto the trailer and then spin it around.  Just to make it more interesting, look closely at all the photos.  Most of the tracks are not even on the trailer.  This is a Caterpillar 340 that is going to Scott City, Missouri.




Here is what I weigh ...

Left there and drove to the TA truck stop in Jackson, Georgia for the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment