Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

 Drove the rest of the way to Pooler, GA, and was a tad early for my 7:30 AM EDT loading appointment.  Loaded a Volvo ECR145EL Excavator that is going to Saint Rose, Louisiana. 



Left there and headed that way.  Driving west on I-10 through the 'Big Bend" area of Florida I went through the area hit by Hurricane Idalia.  I-10 is at least an hour north of the Gulf of Mexico Coast.  There was a lot of tree damage. A lot of the road signs were also broken off or gone.  Here are a few photos of what it looks like along I-10 two weeks after the storm.




That is just a small sample.  I didn't think about getting photos until I had past the worst of it.  The damage was worst in about a 25-mile stretch along I-10.  For those that have seen tornado damage, think about a tornado 25 miles wide.  That was what this looked like. I stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Mariana, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment