Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

 I left at 3 AM EDT and drove the rest of the way to a power plant in Forkland, Alabama, and delivered the thing. Got a flat tire on the trailer while I was there. 

From there I drove to the TA Truck Stop in Meridian, Mississippi, and got a new tire.  My next load is tomorrow morning over near Mobile, AL in Spanish Fort, AL. I'll head that way in the early morning hours.

Yesterday I meant to put this in my blog and forgot.

As I was pulling into the scale on I-81 in Virginia they were pulling this guy over to the inspection pit.

Here is a closer look…

He had two forklifts, a dozer with a blade (facing the wrong way), a straight truck with a pick-up truck on it, and a short stack of steel sheets under the straight truck.  The scale attendant told me that he was 30,000 pounds (13,607 Kg) overweight!!!!  Maximum legal weight is 80,000 pounds (36,287 Kg). He wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.  Plus he will have a hefty fine to go along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment