Friday, May 17, 2024

Thursday, May 17, 2024

 I left this morning timing it so that I would arrive at the staging/check-in area in Orlando a little after 5 AM EDT.  We couldn't go in before 5.  Glad I went early.  About 50 trucks were checking in to get loaded.  Fortunately, I was one of the first.  After a while, I was called to go in.  From the staging area, I drove over to the Orange County Convention Center, West Wing.  When I got to the OCC there was another staging area.  From there I was led to the convention center.  The guy I was following dropped off at the entrance to the building.  Another guy took over from there.  I followed him inside the OCC and he took me to where I was loading.  See the video below.


They placed a big box that is going to York, Pennsylvania on my trailer.



Then the fun began.  It had to be fully tarped.



By the time I finished, there were about a dozen other trucks in there loading.  I was able to maneuver my way out.  I always wanted to drive inside the convention center.  I can check off another item on my bucket list.  I left there and drove back to the TA truck stop in Brunswick, Georgia for my 10 hours.


Phone is off.  Going to sleep.  Good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment