Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

 This morning I loaded a Daily truck that has been sitting at the Houston Terminal since March.  It is going back to Carlisle, PA but I'm routing through Jacksonville because I have a couple things to take care of at home. It wasn't easy loading.  The batteries were stone-cold dead. Had help from another driver.  Together we got the battery charger out of the shop (there is no mechanic there right now)  and charged the batteries. After getting it started, found that there was a large air leak.  The tanks could fill enough to release the brakes but not enough to raise the suspension airbags.  Then when we tried to move it, one of the brake shoes was stuck and wouldn't release.  Finally broke that free and went to put it on my trailer.  Was only able to get it halfway on.  Had to get the big forklift, raise the back of the truck, and then push it the rest of the way on.  It was quite an ordeal that took a good chunk of the morning to accomplish.



There is a hurricane heading toward Louisiana, but I'll be well into Florida before it gets there.

I drove 305 miles to the Petro truck stop in Hammond, Louisiana for my 10 hours.  



No comments:

Post a Comment