Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010

Got an early start today. Everything was going great until I noticed that my load had shifted. The front part of the load had shifted toward the passenger side of the trailer. That caused the trailer to lean. I limped into a truck stop to fix it. 2 guys and a fork lift came out to help. So here I go again un-tarping, this time it was the front half, the blue tarp in front in the photo below. The whole stack had shifted. Had to take them off one at a time and then put them back on one at a time. Then re-strap and re-tarp. It was 104 degrees in west Texas when we did this. I was sure glad to have the help. Wasn't nearly as exhausted as I was Friday. Three hours and $235 later I was back on the road.


While driving I saw a dust devil.  Finally one close enough to get a photo of.


Drove 659 miles in spite of my difficulties and stopped for the night in Big Spring, Texas at the TA truck stop.

When I went in to eat I picked my booth and went to the salad bar.  When I returned and started eating this came in and sat right in front of me.  I could hardly keep from gaging while I ate.  Had to look around the room or down at my plate so I could eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment