Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday, August 19,2010

Delivered my load this morning in San Diego at a place in the southern most part of San Diego.  Real close to the Mexican border.  Then drove up to Carson, CA for my next load.  Thats when things went bad.

I arrived at the warehouse in Carson at 11:55 am local time. Checked in at the shipping desk. The guy at the desk said that they had just gone to lunch and would be back at 13:00 local time. I asked if I had to come back to the desk when they came back from lunch? He said no, just wait in your truck they will know that you are there. I said OK and returned to my truck and waited.
At about 15:00 local time I got tired of watching everyone else get loaded except me so I went back in to the shipping desk and asked again if I had to do anything else to get loaded? There was a different guy at the desk this time. He said no, just wait in your truck, he knows you are there. I, again, said OK and returned to my truck and waited.

Finally as the last truck (except for me) was being loaded at approximately 16:15 local time, I talked to the fork lift operator. He said that he didn't know anything about me. I gave him the slip of paper that security gave me when I arrived. He looked for my load and could not find it in his paperwork. He went inside and could not find it in there either. He said that the woman that handles the paperwork had gone for the day and there was nothing else he could do.

I left and drove 3 more hours in LA bumper to bumper traffic to get to the nearest truck stop in Ontario, CA which was 61 miles away. Needless to say, I'm not a "happy camper".

No comments:

Post a Comment