Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Took a back road up to Lakeview, Oregon where I was delivering.  OR-140.  It was a narrow two lane road that twisted and winded up and down a lot.  Came over one mountain and at the top the sign said "8% Downgrade Next 6 Miles Last Warning".  That road was really cool!!  As I topped the mountain and saw what the sign was warning me about.  I smiled a big smile.  The view was gorgeous but the road was even better.  Light dusting of snow on the road and 1500 foot drop off straight down and no guard rail!  Twisty and turney road too.  And it was every bit of an 8% grade.  I loved it!!  Here are a couple photos I took about 1/4 the way down.




Here are a few more photos of the same road but about 50 or so miles from the above photos.







Delivered in Lakeview, Oregon then headed toward Eugene.  On the way I passed OR-140 where I came off it.  There was a sign that restricted semi trucks to 60 feet in length on that road.  Didn't see one coming from the other direction.  I am at least 75 feet long.  Oh well, at least I didn't get caught!!  It was a great road to drive.

Stopped for the night in a little town in the middle of nowhere, La Pine, Oregon.  There is a truck stop there.  Didn't have enough hours left to make it to Eugene.

No comments:

Post a Comment