Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, May 23, 2011

What a day!   Went into St. Petersburg this morning and delivered first thing.  After that drove up to Jacksonville for my next load.  Got there at 1 pm to pick up a load of vinyl fencing going to Texas.  They started loading my truck at 2 pm.  They finished and I strapped all of it except the last piece when they decided that the truck was not full enough and that they wanted to put more on.  The thermometer on my truck said that it was 117 degrees in that parking lot.  I believe it!!!  Black top parking lot and no shade.  I unstrapped everything and rolled up my straps.  They then unloaded everything off the truck and started over again.  When they finished and I re strapped everything I was not happy with the last few pieces so I had them take them off and re load them better.  I left there at 6:15 pm. 




Drove to the TA truck stop at US 301 and I-10.  Went inside and ate a horrible dinner the took a shower in one of the worst showers I have ever been in.  To be brief, there was not enough room to even turn around in there.  Nothing to sit on except the toilet.  The sink was clogged.  AND there was no ventilation.  Going to go to sleep and hope tomorrow is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment