Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Started this morning at 8:30 CDT and made it around Dallas without any bumper to bumper traffic.  Nice!!  Once I got into Oklahoma the route the state chose was ridiculous!!  They took me off a nice four lane highway to a bunch of back roads.  I zig-zagged through Oklahoma all day!!  Most of the day was on skinny two lane roads.  They even routed me over a bridge with a weight limit of 37 tons.  I am 41 tons!!  Some of the other bridges were not wide enough for me and a vehicle going the other direction to cross at the same time.  In case you don't know, when you have a permitted load the State tells you what route you must take.  No deviations allowed. I'm STILL in Oklahoma!!  Ran out of daylight and stopped at a truck stop in Big Cabin, Oklahoma.  I still have another hour or so in Oklahoma before I get to Kansas.  The route in Kansas is more direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment