Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This morning drove down to Galveston, TX to the port for my next load.  Picked up a brand new Caterpillar Excavator.  I had to load it, by myself, on my trailer.  Having never driven one of these before, I was really looking forward to doing that.  Backed up to the loading ramp then went searching for it. There were two long lines of excavators there. I got lucky and found it quickly. Got in, started it up, drove it over to the truck, up the ramp, and onto the trailer. No problem.  I forgot to mention that it was wider than my trailer.  It was FUN!!  I love this job!!  I get to play with the "big boy toys"!!  This is my first (of many) oversize loads with Daily Express.  Chained it down and got on the road.  Stopped at the scales and found out that I had too much weight on the trailer axles so I had to un-chain it and move it up a few feet. Re-chained it and got back on the scales again. This time it was OK. I am 82,500 pounds and 10' 6" wide. 




Got back on the road and drove to a small truck stop south of Dallas for the night.  I cannot drive through Dallas during rush hour so I had to stop early. Can't start tomorrow until 9 am CDT when Dallas rush hour is over.  I deliver this in Topeka, KS.

No comments:

Post a Comment