Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The crane arrived early this morning.  That was a good thing.  Since I was the first to arrive, I was the first to unload.  Drove around the new Federal Court House to deliver.  Here are some photos of the delivery.


As you are looking at these photos, think about this.... I had to back in off the road from the blind side.  The blind side is the passenger side.  When the trailer starts to turn you can't see the back of the trailer anymore.  Can't see anything at all.  Had to back up a slight muddy incline in the rain.  On the passenger's side of the trailer was the hole that the "box" was going to be set in.  On the driver's side of the trailer there was a small drop off.  AND the load was wider than the trailer so I couldn't see anything behind me except a black box.  Now that you have that in your mind, let me add one more thing.....the back of the trailer had to go in between the outriggers of the crane.  OK, who is ready to give that a try??


When I finished there I drove over to Dubuque, IA for my next load.  Picked up a John Deere bull dozer.  It is going to the port in Dundalk, Maryland - that's next to Baltimore.




Once that was tied down I got on the road and drove to Greenfield, Indiana, just east of Indianapolis to the Pilot truck stop for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment