Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Got on the road at sun up and drove up to Marion, Michigan.  Got there just before noon and unloaded the pipe layer.  Next load was in Novi, MI.  That is just outside of Detroit.  Drove down there and loaded a Caterpillar 924 Hz wheel loader.  It is going to Cedar Rapids, Iowa.



The weather report is for 4 to 10 inches of snow north of I-80 and rain/snow in the I-80 area 1 to 4 inches possible.  It was supposed to start this afternoon.  I was flying to get my next load on and down the road before the weather got bad.  After loading in Novi the weather still had not gotten bad yet.  Just overcast.  Drove west on I-94 toward Lake Michigan.  I got rain about half way across.  In the Kalamazoo area there was heavy wet snow (more like slush) falling from the sky.  It soon changed back to rain.  Drove all the way to the TA truck stop in Sawyer, MI at exit 12.  623 miles today and all of it in Michigan.  So far it is still raining.  Tomorrow could be interesting.  Then again it might not.  We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment