Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Went to Jersey Shore to deliver this morning.  Myself and another Daily truck were both delivering the same stuff to the same place.  We were to meet the guy in charge at a gas station north of Jersey Shore at 8 am.  We were both there at 7:30.  At 8 the crane arrived there too.  The guy in charge met us.  After the crane guys got some coffee from the store we all left and drove to where we were to unload.  We went three miles up a one lane paved road that was made just for what we were doing.  Very busy road.  Had people at either end directing traffic. This road went way up into the woods.  Up and down and along side of big drop offs with no guard rail.  After we went the three miles we turned down a gravel road and went in another 2 miles to the site.  Looks like a natural gas well.  While they set up the crane I untied everything.  It took them forever to unload me.  Thought I'd never get out of there. 

When empty and back on real roads again I headed for my next load.  Went past Penn State College on the way.



Drove to Murrysville, PA which is just outside Pittsburgh.  Loaded a Caterpillar PL61 Pipe Layer.  It is going to Marion, Michigan.  Was able to get some photos for you loading.  For a change, someone else loaded the machine for me.





After I finished securing it I could not go anywhere since it is an oversize load and curfew was in effect.  I spent the night in their parking lot.  Will be able to go again after 9 am tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment