Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, April; 23, 2012

Went in to the Port this morning and unloaded the crusher screen.  My next load was not ready yet so I went back to the TA truck stop to wait.  A few hours later I got word that it was ready.  Went back to the Port to load.  Went in and checked in.  Then went and found the machine that I was to load.  Got the truck ready and went over to get the machine and it would not start.  Dead as a stump!! They had left the battery on and the key on.  I sat there for two hours waiting for them to come over and jump start the thing.  Of course it started right up.  I drove it over to the trailer and loaded it up.  I left it running while I secured it to the trailer.  It is a Volvo L180G Wheel Loader.  It is going to Burnsville, Minnesota.


 



Went back to the TA truck stop in Baltimore for the night because it was too late to go anywhere.  I'll get started tomorrow morning after 9 am.

I know you have seen those CAT Scales at truck stops and wondered what the paperwork looks like (OK maybe you didn't wonder - just humor me!!) Here is what a scale ticket looks like from one of them.  I scaled up when I got to the TA tonight with the loader on board.


No comments:

Post a Comment