Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Got on the road early this morning.  The engine problem that I thought I had fixed came back again but this time worse. Stopped at Peterbilt in Bloomington, Illinois this afternoon and got it fixed.  He attached the computer to the truck and ran some diagnostics on it.  Found that there was a problem of low power to the number 4 injector.  Took off the valve cover and the problem was obvious! 


Here is a closer look.


Normally the entire wiring harness would have to be replaced.  They don't make individual sections, its all or nothing. That job takes about 8 hours.  Fortunately the mechanic had a good section from another harness and was able to splice in what I needed.  It worked great!!


Also found out that my number 2 injector is starting to go.  Will have to do that someday.  I was back on the road very quickly! 

Just north of Janesville, Wisconsin I passed a roadside Bar-B-Q.  It used to be a mini van.


That was in the middle of a five mile back up from a semi truck being towed out of the median.  The fire made a traffic mess even worse.  Glad I was going the other way. 

Stopped for the night at the Petro truck stop in Portage, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment