Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Drove down to the Daily terminal in Baltimore, MD and loaded a John Deere 470G Excavator.  It is going out to Illinois. This one is a bit large, 69,511 pounds.  Had to wait for Maryland to send my permit.  For some reason they are very slow.  The permit was ordered yesterday.



It finally came in, after waiting for over two hours, and I got on the road.  Nice day on the road.  Very slow going through the ups and downs of I-68.  I really don't know why I was routed off the Interstate and sent on US 40 in Pennsylvania. It is like driving a 60 mile roller coaster. 



I am over 112,000 pounds gross and my truck has never worked as hard as it did today. It preformed beautifully.





Some of it was on four lane roads but the majority was 2 lane roads.  Had to drop down to second gear going up some of the hills whizzing along at a whopping 8 MPH.  I had a LOT of real happy motorists behind me.   Took forever to get through there.  Was very happy to see I-70.  Continued to the TA truck stop in Wheeling, West Virginia for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment